Tuesday 29 July 2014

DO "MARRIAGES" STILL WORK ?

 

                            
                           
                                       


  Back and forth, back and forth. Basically today, I saw a marriage that had reached it's climax. The husband literally told his wife, that he can no longer put up with her and she should leave their matrimonial  home before he returned from work. In my mind I thought " The f+ck was happily ever after meant to be then ?" Back and forth, back  and forth, she kept running her mouth, till he got up and landed a warm (lol) slap on her cheek. Discussing with my cousin, I was just thinking like go home, sit down, agree for changes, make up, have good sex or something and move on..Like it was that easy... We then came to a conclusion that the "marriage" institution  is fading away and washed up. Yes. I don't know if people get married for acclaim, or for childbearing, or for "marriage" sake, or "getting old" sake. Some give up two months in, one year in, was marriage supposed to be beans ? I am getting confused mehn. The husband gave an excuse of neglect from the wife, and hence his reason for cheating.. Reason enough? I don't know.. Another situation I happen to know of, The husband married this lady, they had two children, and he left for America for over 20 years... Only to return, and take the children, and leave the wife behind..  I couldn't and still cannot and will not be able to get my head around this one.. Never.  Cruelty at the highest level.  I happened to witness one of the most unconditional love ever, with my grandfather and my grandmother. He was bed ridden for almost 20 years with stroke, and this woman never left his side, even to the point where all his body parts had failed, she stood by her husband. I felt the love when in their presence. So, is it the current generation that are neglecting "marriage"? Or we aren't just here for marriage? 
    Forth and Forth, In all I realized WOMEN/WIVES are strong, beyond physical strength, God gave them higher levels of endurance, in the woman I saw today, I saw a woman even through strife, she did not want to lose her man, she was fighting for what belonged to her, and remember the man was already opting out, SMH ! (Lol)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think the things people go through in marriages is the sole reason marriages fail nowadays, in my opinion its the change of mindset. Back in the day people believed that once you venture into the institution of marriage, ending it for any reason whatsoever was shameful for both parties regardless of whose fault it was. Back then a man could have more than one mistress and still cling on to his wife but in this day and age with the highroad seen as a construct riddled with flaws, people choose to take the easy way out and there's no stigma whatsoever placed on it. The marriage isn't working, end it. The marriage is ok but not quite what you thought it would be, end it. That is how people think and less and less people actually try to work on the problems. We now live in a world of it it was meant to be it would work itself out.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus

Follow on Bloglovin